Can you believe it?!? My tiny little blog has never been nominated for anything, so I’m over the moon about this!!
The amazing Bookish Owlette is the one who nominated me and I’m so excited that a fellow blogger I love is showing me love back! What’s that you say?? You don’t know who I’m talking about?!? WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? Click the link!!
- Acknowledge, link back and thank the blog that nominated you
- Display the award in your blog
- List the rules in your blog
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Want more information about the Liebster Award?? You can learn more about it HERE!
Questions (A.K.A the part where I ramble too much)
1. Have you ever met an author or celebrity in real life? Who and what happened!?
No on authors, which I hope to remedy in the future. But yes on celebrities!!
After college I went and lived in LA for a couple years and I’ve seen a few celebs from far away. Living there was so surreal because you just see celebs walking around, doing normal things all the time. I’ve seen Hayley Atwell, Drea de Matteo, and Derek Hough to name a few.
But my favorite story by far is the time I went to the movies with my mom and we saw Nick Wechsler waiting in the concession line. For those of you thinking “who the hell is that???” he played Jack on Revenge, a TV show I was very much in love with at the time. I shipped him with Emily SO HARD before it went off the rails in the last season. But when I saw him I gasped LOUDLY and practically yelled “OH MY GOD, IT’S JACK!!” while punching my mother on the arm. He definitely heard and gave me a look. It was awful. And hilarious.
2. What inspires your blog content and design?
I’m a graphic designer by trade, so it’s super easy for me to draw inspiration in that department. I’m not as experienced with web design, so that has still been a learning process, but I love it! It’s super fun for me to be able to design things for myself any way I want without answering to a client. Bleh. I love my job, but I’ve really missed this kind of creative outlet!
Content is still a struggle for me! My goal in the coming year is to get a little more creative with some original posts. Thankfully I’ve found some really awesome book memes to help me out in the mean time!!
3. Which Hogwarts House are you in?
HUFFLEPUFF!!!! WHAT’S UPPPPPPP?!?!?! *Dances*
4. Would you do this, get $100,000 every week = marry the one person you hate, and loathe.
Oh, no way. I’m surviving just fine on my own without getting $100,000 a week, so I’ll pass and keep my sanity.
5. What is the story behind your blog name?
*Sighs* Ohhhhhh my blog name. Not crazy about it honestly. When I fist decided to start a blog, I had a name picked out that was extremely clever and cute. So of course it wasn’t available. The name Laughing Listener was literally just me, sitting at my computer and thinking up random stuff. Most of the books I review are from audiobooks, which is the listening part and I SERIOUSLY laugh at everything. Really doesn’t take much to get me into hysterics, so there you have it. Laughing Listener.
I wish I would have had the forethought or common sense to put something about books in the title. How do people even know this is a book blog?? Oh right, THEY DON’T.
6. Time Machine and Magic Wand in hand, if you could be any person in the world, who would you be and why?
Oh dang, good question!! I feel like the MOMENT I finish this post and publish it, I’ll think of the perfect answer. We can choose fictional characters though right? Because right now, in this moment, I’m really feeling Puck Connolly from The Scorpio Races. I read that book at the beginning of November and am STILL obsessing about it. I love how brave and fierce she! Plus, she gets to eat November cakes and ride horses all the time!!
7. What’s your dream job?
Ahhhh I’m so glad you asked this!! I love ANY excuse to go on this rant because I am CONVINCED that being a voice actor would be the best job in the world. You get to go to a cool recording studio, you can wear whatever the heck you want (who’s going to see you?), you get to talk in crazy voices, AND you get to see cartoons before anyone else. BEST. JOB. EVER.
8. What is the main obstacle you face in your blog?
Time management!! This has always been my weakness in life, but I’ve been having a really hard time finding a good balance for everything that comes with blogging. Between writing and planning posts AND keeping up with social media, it’s hard to juggle it all sometimes.
9. Most embarrassing moment.
Uggggghhhhhh what are you doing to me?? WHYYYY??? Okay okay, this is safe space right? We’re all friends here!
When I was in the fifth grade (sooooo 10 or 11 years old??) I waited way too long to go to the bathroom and peed my pants. THANKFULLY it didn’t happen IN class in front of everyone, but on my way to the bathroom. By the time I made it into the stall it was too late. I couldn’t really leave after that though. I mean, was I suppose to walk back to class in my pee pants to get help? HA! So I ended up staying in the bathroom. For a REALLY long time. Eventually a really nice girl named Gabby found me and got the teacher for help. To this day I am eternally grateful she wasn’t a mean girl who told everyone about it. YOU MY GURL GABBY!
10. If you could be a supernatural being, what would you be?
Hmmmmm… I think I’m going to have to defer to my City of Bones Anniversary post answer on this one and say warlock (the shadowhunter kind) or maybe a witch. I couldn’t be a vampire because mass amounts of blood freak me out. Pretty sure I’m not cool enough to be a werewolf. A ghost might be awesome, but I’d really miss food… Definitely a witch.
11. Which fictional character would you marry?
AHHHHHH SO MANY!!!! I just finished A Torch Against the Night not too long ago, so I’m currently obsessed with Elias, but I’ve got a bunch!!! Here, let me give you a list of a few of my fictional husbands…
Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices, Julian from Caraval, Michael from The Princess Diaries, Jace from The Mortal Instruments, Finnick from The Hunger Games, Henry Tilney from Northanger Abbey, Carswell from The Lunar Chronicles, Sean from The Scorpio Races… That’s all I got right now. I’ll think of ten more by the time I post this.
- Deathly afraid of heights. Like, REALLY afraid of heights. Like, I-can’t-use-escalators afraid of heights.
- I’ve lived in five different states and have moved eight times in my life. And that’s not even counting the times I’ve moved within the same state/town to a different apartment.
- Only child
- Used to SERIOUSLY ride horses and compete in horse shows.
- Hate mayonnaise, pickles, coconut, and olives. I also think Pepsi is better than Coke.
- I have two dogs, Trixie and Poppi.
- My favorite color is blue (if you haven’t already figured that out)
- I could eat only noodles for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy
- Cicadas REALLY freak me the frick out. They’re like tiny aliens! Yugh *shivers*
- I have a record collection that I’m quite proud of. Record stores are my weakness. There’s a store in Los Angeles called Amoeba Records and it’s pretty much my heaven on earth.
- I have a weird affection for goats and I think they are the freaking cutest.
- Booked J
- Spunky Reads
- Reading Turtle Duck
- Stories on Stage
- Bubbly Books
- The Wonderland Reader
- The Literary Phoenix
- Christina Reads and Blogs
- Stefie Reads
- Readers In Wonderland
- Bridget & Books
There they are, my nominees! I tried to check that you guys haven’t gotten it already, but I could have missed something. If you can’t do it or have already been nominated, then no worries! Just wanted to spread the love around to the bloggers I think are awesome!!
My Questions for You
- What is the story behind your blog name?
(I’m stealing this one because I’m curious!)
- Do you have a favorite (favorites?) book series and what is it?
- What motivated you to start your blog?
- You can pick ONE fictional best friend. Who do you choose?
(I’m so mean, I don’t even know how I would answer this question)
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your power to be?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done lately?
- What Hogwarts House are you?
(This is a standard question we all ask each other now right?? I’m putting it on my resume)
- Tell me who your fictional crushes/spouses are! Books, movie, TV shows—it’s a free for all!!
- What was the last TV show you binge-watched (BESIDES Stranger Things)??
- Who’s your favorite author or authors?
- What’s your book blog resolution for the new year?