YES, I am open to receiving books in exchange for an honest review.
If you’re interested in me reviewing a book, please take the time to peruse the below information before contacting me. At this time, I am not interested in author interviews or sponsored posts.
I am strictly a fiction reader and am not partial to non-fiction novels. Below are the genres that I most enjoy, listed by order of importance:
- Fantasy (paranormal/supernatural, magic, urban, etc.)
- Chick lit
Naturally I tend to gravitate towards Young-Adult books and those will always take precedent, but I also love adult fiction.
Below are the genres that I will NOT review:
- Horror (may make some exceptions)
- Children’s books
This will always primarily be an audiobook blog and that is what I prefer, but books are awesome in every format. Here is what I’ll accept:
- Physical copies/ARCs
- Digital files
I’ve made this joke before, but I’m doing it again—there’s a reason this is an audiobook blog. I am a sloooooooooow reader. If I’m reading a physical/digital copy of a novel, I need at least three weeks to finish it. Plus, I schedule all of my posts ahead of time, so it will take an additional 2-3 weeks for it to get posted. If it’s an ARC that needs to be posted before a release date or something, let me know and I can accommodate you.
During the day I work a 9 to 5 where I do nothing but design and listen to audiobooks, so the turnaround will be much quicker if you send me that format. I can finish an audiobook in a few days and have a post out in a couple weeks.
Accepting a book does not mean I’m going to be positive or completely complimentary. If I don’t like a book, I’m going to say so. Of course I always strive to be constructive, but I’m also not going to shy away from the aspects that bother me. Scroll through my reviews to get a feel for my style and if it worries you in any way, I completely understand. Feel free to ignore me forever, no hard feelings.
Here are all the little tidbits I didn’t know what to do with, but seemed worth mentioning.
- I tend to swear. It’s my vice in life. This is not everyone’s cup of tea and if you’d like me not to, I’d be happy to edit myself. Just make sure to specifically mention it when you contact me, otherwise I’ll forget.
- I cross-post all of my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. If you’d like me to cross-post anywhere else, just let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
- On every review I cross-post, I will state that I received a free copy of a book in exchange for my honest opinion.
- There are several facts that I include in the beginning of each review (format, publisher, page number, where to buy, etc.). If there’s anything specific you’d like me to include, just let me know ahead of time.
Send any inquiries to email@example.com and in your message, please include the following information:
- Name of the book (I know, duh)
- Any relevant links to author and/or book profiles
- Release date and if you would need my review posted by a certain time